Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fearless by Max Lucado - Review

Today is the day that Fearless is unleashed - this new timeless book from Max Lucado does what most of his books do - cuts straight to the heart of the matter.

We all have fears, I know I likely have more than most, but we are told countless times by Jesus himself to 'fear not'. This refreshing read tackles current situations one by one. From the economy to the nightly news, we all worry about where we as a person, family, city, state, nation and world are headed. I'm reminded of everytime growing up my mom used the old phrase - "to heck in a handbasket" - and sometimes that's just how we feel.

I liked this book most because in classic Lucado style, he talks direct to the reader. Backing up his premises on sound doctrine with subtle nuances of humor and lots of wisdom, Max has another home run with this one. You will certainly see this book used for Bible studies and small groups for years to come. Including my home church starting later this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment